BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log

2009-04-08 04:18:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "Johan Ehnberg" <johan AT ehnberg DOT net>, "BackupPC Users" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:13:41 +0200
> > Executing DumpPreUserCmd: /root/tunnel.sh -f administrator@mail...
> > -L 8874:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 20
>
> First you have to make sure the SSH tunnel works with key
> based authentication (=no password but file) for the user
> running backuppc.

Damn! That part was missing, because actually I'm running rsnapshot
(thus the ssh tunnel and stuff) as root and completely forgot that now
it's "backuppc" the user running those commands. I've now created
rsa-keys and copied on the Windows client in the authorized_keys the
public key: it's working!

[cut]

> > Attached a screenshot of my config. Do I have to set RsyncdUserName
> > and RsyncdPasswd?
>
> If they are in use on the client, i.e. cwRsync.

Sorry, forgot to attach screenshot, nevertheless: I'm not using any
passwords on the Windows client for cwRsync, but I've to check it again
after some trials...

> > My attention is at the line "Error connecting to rsync daemon at
> > localhost:873: inet connect: Connessione rifiutata",
> because it seems
> > to me that the rsync doesn't actually go through the ssh tunnel...
>
> Exactly. You need to check my HOWTO again, as the rsyncd port
> is probably meant to be 8874 on the server, not 873.

You sure about having to put it to be 8874? Why this?

[snip]

> Best regards,
> Johan

I'll be reporting back soon. Thanks!