BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log

2009-04-08 04:59:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Here my log
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Boniforti Flavio <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:48:46 +0200
Hi,

Boniforti Flavio wrote on 2009-04-08 10:13:41 +0200 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Here
my log]:

> > > Executing DumpPreUserCmd: /root/tunnel.sh -f administrator@mail...
> > > -L 8874:127.0.0.1:873 sleep 20
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> [...]
> > Exactly. You need to check my HOWTO again, as the rsyncd port
> > is probably meant to be 8874 on the server, not 873.
>
> You sure about having to put it to be 8874? Why this?

because you are forwarding port 8874 on the BackupPC server to localhost:873
on the client host (that's the whole purpose of the ssh tunnel). So you need
to make BackupPC connect to port 8874 on the BackupPC server in order to reach
the client's rsyncd.

Regards,
Holger