Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda

2004-06-15 11:37:51
Subject: Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:19:19 +0200
Paul Bijnens wrote:

It seems ethereal store only the first few bytes of each packet.
There is probably an option to set that size; similar to "tcpdump -s 1500".
That means I don't have the full info, but I believe I've seen enough!

Following up on myself.
I've digged into the amanda source, and noticed there is only one
place where "bad CONNECT response" is actived.
That happens only for data or message tcp-connections.
But from the amdump.1 log file, it seems not always consistent, now
and then it is "bad CONNECT response", other times it is the index
that fails.
So it is not always the index that fails, as I concluded earlier.

Therefore I really would like to have a complete trace,
not cut off, together with the accompying amamdad.XXXX.debug
files + amdump.1, all from the same run.