Amanda-Users

warning - last level 0 overwritten

2004-06-15 12:14:27
Subject: warning - last level 0 overwritten
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 12:07:38 -0400
Amanda 2.4.4p1
Solaris 8

Realize that this is probably not the current version of amanda
but it might represent an ongoing issue.

We haven't been backing up a particular partition, its relatively
large given the size of the tape drive (22 Gig used on a 32 Gig
partition, tape drive is a DLT 7000 and we use SW compression).

Last night's amanda report warned us that we would overwrite the
last level 0 dump in one day. Being concerned about this we thought
we'd pull the tape with the level 0 from the pool (replace with one
of the same label) until we where able to correct the no-dump issue.

However an amadmin find shows us that the level 0 all had short
tape writes and that we had nothing better than a level 1 available.

Does amanda record the dates of last level 0 as "success" prior to
actually completing the tape write ?

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org