Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda

2004-06-15 07:40:57
Subject: Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda
From: Andreas Sundstrom <sunkan AT zappa DOT cx>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:32:29 +0200
Quoting Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>:

> Andreas Sundstrom wrote:
>
> > Also what do you recommend as parameters to tcpdump, it's all running on
> the
> > same host does that mean I can sniff on "lo"?
>
> This works for me on Linux 2.4.22:
>
>    sudo tcpdump -i lo -w trace.lo

I have now made a dump on the traffic passing through lo during the amdump. I
have also recompiled amanda with these two settings (as another friendly person
suggested): --with-tcpportrange=50000,50040 --with-udpportrange=890,899

The dump is available at ftp://zappa.cx/pub/amanda.pcap

I used this filter in ethereal to get rid of some other stuff that I suppose is
not interesting: "! dns and ! tcp.port == 25"

I'm not that used to looking at packet dumps and I have never looked at a
working amanda dump so have a look and see if it gives you anymore clues about
what is going on.

/Andreas