Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda

2004-06-13 16:29:01
Subject: Re: 2.6.6-rc2 and newer cause trouble with amanda
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 22:23:00 +0200
Hi, Andreas,

on Sonntag, 13. Juni 2004 at 15:04 you wrote to amanda-users:

AS> I have trouble upgrading from 2.6.5 to 2.6.6, I have narrowed
AS> it down by trying the different rc releases. Between 2.6.6-rc1 and
AS> 2.6.6-rc2 something happens that make my amanda backups fail
AS> with the error [bad CONNECT response].

AS> If I do nothing else than boot to 2.6.6-rc1 from rc2 it works
AS> so it seems to be somthing with the kernel that is causing the
AS> trouble, but I don't know how to investigate further.

Why do you want to use 2.6.6-rc2? You want to use 2.6.6, don't you?

I have compiled every single kernel in the 2.6-tree for more than a
year now and tested amanda-2.4.4p2 on it. I have not experienced that
problem but would suggest comparing the kernel-configs.

Take the config of a kernel amanda works with and try to use this
config to compile a fresh 2.6.6 for start.

--

To me it seems that your non-working config just uses different ports
somehow which are blocked ...?

Did you compile amanda under the new kernel? Which options did you
configure it with?

--
best regards,
Stefan