Amanda-Users

Re: help with backup problems please

2003-06-26 08:45:45
Subject: Re: help with backup problems please
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Onime Clement <onime AT ictp.trieste DOT it>, "Lucio.yahoo" <repetita_iuvant AT yahoo DOT it>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:42:26 -0400
On Thursday 26 June 2003 06:51, Onime Clement wrote:
>Next Step
>Add the following line in the file ~amanda/.amandahosts
>(/var/lib/amanda/.amandahosts)
>
>fmserver amanda
>
>The file should already have entries for
>localhost amanda
>localhost.localdomain amanda
>
>If not please add them.
>
>> >    Pay special attention to typos in inetd.conf;
>>
>> I've edited /etc/xinetd.d/amanda, then I restarted xinetd. Now
>
>Let's hope it remains on! I suspect that using chkconfig keeps a
> system status on each server..

AFAIK chkconfig doesn't keep a database, but reads the status of each
'server' from its file in order to generate an up2date display for
the query function.

For amanda stuffs I've always just edited the starter file and
restarted xinetd.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: