Amanda-Users

Re: help with backup problems please

2003-06-26 06:05:40
Subject: Re: help with backup problems please
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: repetita_iuvant AT yahoo DOT it
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:01:52 +0200
Hi,
two things:
1.) never use localhost in a disklist entry, it will come back and bite you later....
always use the full name of the host.
2.) in the homedirectory of the amanda-user create a file ".amandahosts" owned by the amanda user and
with permisions 0600, containing at least the line:

fmserver    amanda

then test  your setup with  "

amcheck <config>

christoph

Lucio.yahoo schrieb:

Pay special attention to typos in inetd.conf;

I've edited /etc/xinetd.d/amanda, then I restarted xinetd. Now the problem is:

planner: ERROR localhost: [access as amanda not allowed from amanda@fmserver] amandahostsauth failed

Note that amanda had been running as root for a while yesterday, so I suspect it chowned some file somewhere, and now the amanda user is not able to cope with them anymore, but I'm not sure at all of this.

What could be the next step?