Amanda-Users

Re: help with backup problems please

2003-06-25 18:29:38
Subject: Re: help with backup problems please
From: Dietmar Goldbeck <dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org>
To: "Lucio.yahoo" <repetita_iuvant AT yahoo DOT it>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 00:26:50 +0200
On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 06:46:56PM +0000, Lucio.yahoo wrote:

> The problems:
> # amdump DailySet1
> moves the tape for a few seconds, does not give any output on the screen and
> it runs way too little time to believe it has written anything on the tape,

What is your mailto entry in amanda.conf?
You should get an e-mail with error messages and statistics.

If you don't get this e-mail ( but mailto seems to be configured)
try sending a mail from the backup user to you.

amadmin test version | grep MAILER

gives you the program amanda tries to execute. /usr/bin/Mail on my
server. YMMV

To check mail, amcheck -m is fine.

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck         E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck AT acm DOT org