Amanda-Users

Disk & tape backup (was: RE: rait output driver)

2003-06-04 21:55:27
Subject: Disk & tape backup (was: RE: rait output driver)
From: "Bruce Fletcher" <bruce AT homeperformance DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 18:53:21 -0700

This idea seems to come up on a regular basis, and I know I'd love
to have the functionality.  Since amrestore can work from backups
on the holding disk, wouldn't it make sense to allow Amanda to be
configured so that data is only deleted from the holding area when
it needs the space for the current backup?  Or is that just lazy, and
I should go learn about RAIT and the 'file' driver?

Thanks,
- Bruce