Amanda-Users

rait output driver

2003-06-03 05:32:02
Subject: rait output driver
From: rwk AT americom DOT com
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 3 Jun 2003 09:24:09 -0000
Hi,

I am trying to test the rait output driver in amanda-2.4.4.  I am trying
to get this to work, which, if I understand the rait driver, should work:

tapedev "rait:{file:/backup,file:/mirror}"

But I get:

$ amlabel Tapeless Tape00
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label Tape00, checking label
amlabel: no label found, are you sure rait:{file:/backup,file:/mirror} is
non-rewinding?

With: tapedev "file:/backup" I get:

$ amlabel Tapeless Tape00
rewinding, reading label Tape00
rewinding, writing label Tape00, checking label, done.

With: tapedev "file:/mirror" I get:

$ amlabel Tapeless Tape00
rewinding, reading label Tape00
rewinding, writing label Tape00, checking label, done.

So I am confident I have the directories set up properly.  I can in fact
amdump to either one separately, but not using rait.

I have also tried:

tapedev "rait:file:/backup"
                                and
tapedev "rait:file:/mirror"

These work as well.  It is only when used together that it fails. i.e.:

tapedev "rait:{file:/backup,file:/mirror}"

It is also worth mentioning that:

tapedev "rait:{file:/backup}"

fails with the same error:

$ amlabel Tapeless Tape00
rewinding, reading label, not an amanda tape
rewinding, writing label Tape00, checking label
amlabel: no label found, are you sure rait:{file:/backup} is non-rewinding?

I must be doing something simple wrong.  Can anyone make any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Dick