Amanda-Users

Re: tape hardware choices

2003-06-04 20:35:18
Subject: Re: tape hardware choices
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:35:31 +0700 (ICT)
I have been using SLR (Tandberg) for a couple of years without problem.

Working in difficult conditions (high humidity, lot of dust) I find
linear reccording (SLR, DLT) better than helicoidal reccording: less
density on the tape (more fault tolerant), much much simpler mechanic
(less moving parts that could tear off).

Olivier