Networker

[Networker]

2013-06-16 07:00:45
Subject: [Networker]
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:53:52 +0100
On 14/06/13 20:26, Tim Mooney wrote:

> Recovers, of course, are another matter -- there's really no way to dedupe
> a recover, so all the data must come back somehow.  That's one thing that
> I also asked about in the thread I started in November 2012.

Speeding up recoveries requires innovative thinking. In the virtual
world you could have a system where a disk based backup target (say for
example a Data Domain) could host the recovered image on the same media
as the backup in order to have it up and running in seconds before
migrating the data back to a more usual storage location.

Now wouldn't that be clever?  ;-)