Networker

[Networker] Problem labeling LTO-5 tapes

2013-06-16 09:48:14
Subject: [Networker] Problem labeling LTO-5 tapes
From: "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 13:40:37 +0000
All of a sudden this weekend, I am seeing NetWorker throw up an error with
labeling LTO-5 tapes that are marked as recyclable.

The error says something along the lines of ...

Cannot recycle volume: Current volume has no label, or label is not readable.

This is on a Spectralogic t50e tape library with two LTO-5 tape drives with
hardware encryption enabled. I have two of the same tape library and both are
showing that error for some tape volumes, but not others. The others do get
labeled fine.

This is on NetWorker 7.6.3.4 on a Red Hat Linux server and this has occurred on
both tape libraries. All are connected to the server via fibre channel.

Has anyone seen this issue before? How do I get NetWorker to relabel those
recyclable tapes?