Networker

Re: [Networker] Upgrading to NW 8 - storage nodes question

2013-06-14 14:53:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Upgrading to NW 8 - storage nodes question
From: "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:48:33 +0000
On Jun 14, 2013, at 2:35 PM, Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT
GOV<mailto:Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>> wrote:

Used to be, if you upgraded your NW server, you had to do all your storage
nodes to that same version at the same time. Has that changed with NW 8?
Specifically, I am running NW 7.6.2. I want to go to the latest v8. Do I
have to do all my storage nodes the same time as I do my server, or can I
do my server one day, and not do the storage nodes until a few days later?

Can I run a storage node at 7.6.2, and have it communicate with a NW 8
server, without issue?

I believe you do need to upgrade storage nodes too for version 8. Best way to
confirm is to read the release notes.