Networker

[Networker]

2013-06-14 15:10:34
Subject: [Networker]
From: Tony Garza <TGarza AT FROSTBANK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 14:03:54 -0500
How many of you guys are using Networker 8 and DD boost is it really that
great?  We are looking at a disk target and currently use Networker 8.  I
am not impressed with the DD990 hardware and the single controller
configuration.  We are concerned with the backup speeds but also really
focused on restore speeds.  I see other backup targets that can push more
native speed than even the DD990 with boost can push.  Also I have heard
rumors that a hardware refresh is in the near future and we don't want to
buy a system that will soon be refreshed.

Thanks,

Tony Garza
Frost Bank
Network Engineering