Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-05-08 12:52:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 18:51:38 +0200
Hello,

In the next week or two, it will be *very* important for users to have
regression scripts running, because finding problems now will allow me
to fix them before the release.

To answer your question: normally you configure the Catalog interface
details in the Catalog {} resource of the Director, but most of the
bacula-dir.conf files that are used in regression testing, and there are
many of them, are "canned", which means I am not sure that you can
easily change the Catalog resource in each of these scripts.  You might
be able to do it with a simple sed command that adds what Dan
recommends.  You would point sed at all the *bacula-dir*.in files that
are in <regress>/scripts.

It might be easier to bring up a new local postgres on your test machine
or possibly a MySQL.

By the way, Bacula version 9.0.0 (currently labeled as version 7.9.0) is
almost ready for testing.  I hope to push it to the repo before the end
of next week (possibly sooner).  The biggest issue aside from testing on
multiple OSes is the documentation.

Best regards,

Kern