Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-05-10 08:17:49
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:16:29 +0200
After thinking about this some more, it seems to me that it is a waste
of your time to run Bacula in a jail.  You are going to have nothing but
problems.  Running regression tests with Bacula is designed to confine
itself to the regress directory (and perhaps tmp), and the probability
of having a security problem of any kind while running regression tests
is essentially zero.   Sorry, but I would not even try running Bacula
regression tests in a jail.

Best regards,

Kern