Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-05-10 08:05:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>, Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:04:17 +0200
Hello,

See a few comments below ...

On 05/10/2017 11:44 AM, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
> On 05/08/17 18:05, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> I don't know why it's trying /bin/csh
> Ok, so I changed the shell to sh (perhaps this should be picked up
> anyway) and I got some further.
> However all tests are failing.
Yes, we do not support csh, only sh (and probably bash).

> I'll start from scracth...
>
> I used "git clone http://git.bacula.org/bacula.git bacula": that's
> different from what the doc says (there's "bacula", not "bacula.git").
> Is this ok?
Can you tell me *exactly* where the doc says it is bacula.  The repo is
called bacula.git, and if you are using git itself rather than http, it
knows to add the correct extension.

> There is no "depkgs" directory (as per the docs), but I installed SQLite
> as a package and that looks fine.
The depkgs is distributed on Source Forge.

> After editing my config, I issued "make setup" and it seems to have
> completed without error.
> However, if I issue that command again, it will rebuild everything over
> and over. Is this expected? I'm used to make saying "nothing to do"
> after a run is completed.
We no longer support Sqlite.  However, we still keep scripts for
Sqlite3.  I *strongly* recommend using only MySQL or Postgresql. Mysql
works "out of the box", which Postgres requires a bit of setup.
Installing both are clearly described in the manual.

> Let's do one (random) test only:
>> $ tests/bextract-test
>>

>>   === Starting bextract-test  at 11:41:37 ===
>>

>>    !!!! Zombie Jobs in Director !!!!
>>
>> grep: /usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/tmp/log1.out: No such file or directory
>> ERROR: Can't access to
>> /usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/tmp/bacula-restores/usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/build
>>  at /usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/scripts/diff.pl line 73.
>> diff:
>> /usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/tmp/bacula-restores/usr/home/bacula/bacula/regress/build:
>>  No such file or directory
>>
>>    !!!!! bextract-test failed!!! 11:42:12 00:00:35 35s !!!!!
>>       Test owner of netfence-bacula-127.0.2.1 is xxxxxxxx@xxxx
>>

> Any hint?
>
>    bye & Thanks
>       av.
>
> P.S. Please forgive me, if I'm asking something obvious...
It is not obvious what is going wrong, but you can get more information
by running:

REGRESS_DEBUG=1 tests/<test-name>

Best regards,
Kern