Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-05-10 03:57:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
To: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 09:56:02 +0200
On 05/08/17 19:35, Dan Langille wrote:

> I run PostgreSQL in my jails.  Every one of my Bacula regression tests run in
> a separate jail.

The problem is that Postgres uses SYSV IPC.
In FreeBSD 10.3 you can enable SYSV IPC for jails, but that's a nice way
to let them escape into the base host.
So jailing will still be a way to "partition" your system for a cleaner
management, but it won't help any more WRT to security, so it's not
something I'm willing to do.

I believe FreeBSD 11 relaxed this limitation, allowing SYSV IPC per
jail, but I cannot upgrade right now.

So, for now, I'm testing with SQLite: most tests are failing, so I'm
sure I've done something wrong.
Investigating this will take precedence over switching to PostGres :)

  bye
        av.