Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved

2017-05-08 12:22:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Regression testing - let's get more involved
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 12:05:22 -0400
> On May 8, 2017, at 11:21 AM, Andrea Venturoli <ml AT netfence DOT it> wrote:
>
> On 03/09/17 15:40, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> Have a read of
>> http://www.bacula.org/7.0.x-manuals/en/developers/Bacula_Regression_Testing.html
>>  ..
>> No, I think overlapping tests are good. Please proceed.
>
> Hello.
>
> I'm finally giving a shot at this, running it all inside a jail, but I'm
> encountering some problems.
>

> First of all, I'd like to use Postgres, but the server is running on another
> box and the tests are trying to reach it via UNIX socket: how do I tell them
> to connect to a remote address via TCP/IP?

I have something like this in my bacula-dir.conf for production.

Catalog {
  Name = MyCatalog
  dbname = bacula; dbaddress = slocum.int.unixathome.org; user = bacula;
password = "TheRealPassword"
}

In the regression testing config file, I see this:

# DB parameters
db_name="regress"
db_user="regress"
db_password=""

I do not see a configuration parameter for dbaddress for the Catalog.

Is anyone running regression testing with a non-localhost database server?

> Going over this error, I later get:
>> echo "Doing: scripts/do_sed"
>> Doing: scripts/do_sed
>> scripts/do_sed
>> ./scripts/get-os: 5: Bad file descriptor
>> : error: cannot run /bin/csh scripts/config.sub
>> ./scripts/get-os: 5: Bad file descriptor
>> : error: cannot run /bin/csh scripts/config.sub
>
> Any hint on this?

I don't know why it's trying /bin/csh

What OS are you ... FreeBSD I'm guessing.  I run my bacula-dir in a jail.  What
version of FreeBSD?

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon
dan AT langille DOT org