Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool

2014-07-27 21:55:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 22:49:34 -0300
Hi Bill,

I Read all the posts and just one question: you are working with scripts for setting enabled flag in catalog for your needs. And what about working with "inchanger" flag instead? Setting your volumes inchanger flag to zero should not do the work you need? I mean, with inchager flag set to zero bacula and vchanger will consider that that volumes are not in the magazines, but the purge/prune/recycle pool and so on should work normally. You are setting volumes with enabled flag to zero and running an update slots. I'm talking about running the update slots and then setting inchanger flags to zero for the volumes you do not want to be used by bacula (I suppose that you do this in your script for setting enabled to zero). Am I doing some mistake?

Also, I saw that you have 3 different pools (full, diff and inc). What about not using scratch pool for recycled volumes and leaving the recycled volumes in the same pools? I mean "Offsite-eSATA-Full Pool" having recicle pool = Offsite-eSATA-Full and so on.

Regards,
Ana

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 2:07 PM, Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com> wrote:
On 07/27/14 12:19, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I'm not aware about the previous discussion about enabled/disabled volumes.
> But talking about this post, why do you have to put them disabled if you use
> them later? Shouldn't volumes be disabled just if they never will be used
> again? Retention periods and the other directives for recycling are not enough?
>
> Regards,
> Ana

Hi Ana

Yeah, your'e corretct, but that is why I said in my other email that "I
realize disabling volumes outside of Bacula is non-standard"  :)

Here's the thread from 2013:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/bacula-users/thread/516C559A.2050705%40revpol.com/#msg30727526

Hope that helps to clear things up.

Bill