Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool

2014-07-24 19:57:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:54:52 -0400
Using version 7.0.4 with vchanger and several removable SATA drives each with
(69) 10GB volumes on them.

I have magazine #2 inserted with volumes c0_0002_0001 through c0_0002_0069 and
Bacula has access to it.

I have three main pools:

Offsite-eSATA-Full

Offsite-eSATA-Diff

Offsite-eSATA-Inc

plus one scratch pool Offsite-eSATA-Scratch

In my Diff pool for example, I have several volumes marked as purged, but they
are not being moved to the Offsite-eSATA-Scratch pool.   Jobs are complaining
that they need a volume (after writing to some other volumes on drive #2) and
Bacula is not recognizing that the purged volumes on drive #2 should be
available for use.

This will wrap in email, but here is one volume from the Offsite-eSATA-Diff
pool:

--[snip]--
Pool: Offsite-eSATA-Diff
| MediaId | VolumeName   | VolStatus | Enabled | VolBytes       | VolFiles |
VolRetention | Recycle | Slot | InChanger | MediaType    | LastWritten         |

3,565 | c0_0002_0064 | Purged    |       0 | 10,737,377,431 |        2 |
4,838,400 |       1 |   64 |         1 | Offsite-File | 2014-05-24 21:47:49 |
--[snip]--

Here is my Diff pool definition. The Full and Inc are similar.

--[snip]--
Pool {
  Name = Offsite-eSATA-Diff
  Storage = c0
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Action On Purge = Truncate
  Volume Retention = 8 Weeks
  Scratch Pool = Offsite-eSATA-Scratch
  Recycle Pool = Offsite-eSATA-Scratch
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 10g
}
--[snip]--

This pool (and the others) have had the Recycle and Scratch pools set to
Offsite-eSATA-Scratch since it was created a log time ago.

Why is Bacula now marking volumes as purged when it should, but not moving
them in to the proper recycle pool?

Any help is appreciated.

Bill

--