Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool

2014-07-27 13:13:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:07:45 -0400
On 07/27/14 12:19, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> I'm not aware about the previous discussion about enabled/disabled volumes.
> But talking about this post, why do you have to put them disabled if you use
> them later? Shouldn't volumes be disabled just if they never will be used
> again? Retention periods and the other directives for recycling are not
> enough?
>
> Regards,
> Ana

Hi Ana

Yeah, your'e corretct, but that is why I said in my other email that "I
realize disabling volumes outside of Bacula is non-standard"  :)

Here's the thread from 2013:

http://sourceforge.net/p/bacula/mailman/bacula-users/thread/516C559A.2050705%40revpol.com/#msg30727526

Hope that helps to clear things up.

Bill