Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director

2014-07-27 17:00:54
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] can't connect to director
From: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 16:58:10 -0400
Hey thanks for the follow up!

I tried setting up this entry in my /etc/hosts file:

127.0.0.1   localhost   localhost.localdomain ops.mydomain.com

And bounced the bacula-dir daemon. Then I launched bconsole and was able to get in! It looks like the database connection had to be made via the TCP socket and connect via the loopback address. But whatever the reason, that above entry in /etc/hosts solved the problem!

Thanks
Tim

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com> wrote:
On 07/27/14 13:08, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
>  Yes the Password="xxx" matches between bconsole.conf and bacula-dir.conf.
>
> So not really sure why this error keeps happening!
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Have you restarted the Director after making changes to the bacula-dir.conf file?

Typically, after making changes to the bacula-dir.conf file, you would issue a
"reload" command in bconsole, but we need to get you connected via bconsole
first. :)

OK, one other thing... I see from your original post that you are connecting
to ops.mydomain.com    and I see from your feedback that bacula-dir is
listening on all IPs on your server...

Does ops.mydomain.com resolve to an IP that your bacula server is configured as?

e.g.:

# ifconfig eth0

and

# dig ops.mydomain.com A