Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool

2014-07-27 10:27:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Purged volumes not being moved to recycling pool
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:22:02 -0400
On 07/26/14 14:11, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Once a volume is marked disabled, Bacula should do *nothing* with it.

Right, I guess I kind of agree with this sentiment.

My problem was that since Bacula was abiding by and acting on retention
periods, I came to the conclusion that their scratch pool assignments should
also be heeded.

I am OK with the idea of Bacula doing nothing with disabled volumes, but that
leads us to the next dilemma which you pointed out:

> We
> might even consider if we want to turn off pruning of disabled volumes,
> but I am not sure that would be a good idea as it could lead to a
> catalog that grows.

Which ever decision is made, I'll be OK with it now that I completely
understand what was/is going on with my purged volumes.

Thanks for the quick response Kern.

P.S. Any chance that either, or both of those actions could be options?

Prune Disabled Volumes = y/n
Recycle Disabled Volumes = y/n

Just askin' :)

Bill