Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?

2013-09-20 14:21:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?
From: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
To: Guy <guy AT britewhite DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 12:17:39 -0600
On Tue, 2013-09-17 at 13:13 +0300, Guy wrote:
> Yes I do this with vchanger...

I've run into a wall trying to get vchanger to compile on Raspbian (a
limited version of Debian for the Raspberry Pi).

When I run configure, it notes that I do not have libuuid. I believe
this is correct; there is a shared library (.so) version, but there is
no development (.a) version. However, it still tries to use -luuid
anyway, and I get linker errors:

libtool: link: g++ -g -O2 -o vchanger vchanger-vchanger_common.o
vchanger-compat_util.o vchanger-junctions.o vchanger-uuidlookup.o
vchanger-util.o vchanger-vconf.o vchanger-loghandler.o
vchanger-diskchanger.o vchanger-changerstate.o vchanger-vchanger.o
-L/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -luuid -lblkid
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -luuid
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lblkid
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [vchanger] Error 1

I tried manually editing the Makefile in the src directory to comment
out this line:

#vchanger_LDADD = -L/usr/local/lib -luuid -lblkid

I didn't really expect that to work, since manually editing Makefiles
produced by configure seldom does, and it didn't:

vchanger-uuidlookup.o: In function `GetMountpointFromUUID':
/usr/local/src/vchanger/src/uuidlookup.c:236: undefined reference to
`blkid_get_devname'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Is there any hope of getting vchanger to compile? A set of configure
options that will prevent the linker errors, perhaps?

Thanks,
--Greg

P.S. It doesn't appear that -dev packages are available for these
libraries:

r# dpkg -l '*uuid*'

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-=================================
ii  libuuid1:armhf 2.20.1-5.3   armhf        Universally Unique ID
library
ii  uuid-runtime   2.20.1-5.3   armhf        runtime components for the
Univer
root@bstore:/usr/local/src/vchanger# dkpg -l '*blkid*"
> ^C
root@bstore:/usr/local/src/vchanger# ^"^'
dkpg -l '*blkid*'
bash: dkpg: command not found
root@bstore:/usr/local/src/vchanger# dpkg -l '*blkid*'

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
||/ Name           Version      Architecture Description
ii  libblkid1:armh 2.20.1-5.3   armhf        block device id library