Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] USB tape drives?

2013-09-14 16:06:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?
From: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 14:02:13 -0600
Pardon me if this is a dumb or frequently-asked question, but I have not
found a definitive answer searching the list archives, Google, or the
Bacula documentation.

My question is whether there is any such thing as a USB tape drive that
is known to work with Bacula. When reading about tape drives, I see
phrases such as "DLT" and "LTO", but the only USB tape drives I have
been able to find available are "DAT 160". I know next to nothing about
tape technology, but I'd like to have a tape device so that I can
migrate my backups from an attached hard drive to tape, so that I have
copies of my backups that are not on a device that is always connected.

Thanks,
--Greg