Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?

2013-09-17 06:17:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?
From: Guy <guy AT britewhite DOT net>
To: Greg Woods <greg AT gregandeva DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:13:27 +0300
Yes I do this with vchanger... I treat each drive as a magazine.. and each
"tape" in the magazine has a Max size.. As I started out with 500Gb drives each
take is 20Gb and each magazine is set to have 10 tapes.  So when I moved to 1Tb
and 2Tb drives I simply added additional magazines to the drive.

I use auto-mount to handle the mounting and dismounting of the drive so all I
have to do is push the drive into the slot, and run "bconsole" with the command
"update slots".  It then scans for the magazines in the vchanger.conf file and
which drives is finds, mounts and updates the slots with those "tapes.  It
works rather well and I've been using it for my off-site backups for over 2
years now.