Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?

2013-09-16 13:12:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] USB tape drives?
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:09:15 -0500
On 09/16/2013 11:52 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-09-14 at 14:02 -0600, Greg Woods wrote:
>
>> My question is whether there is any such thing as a USB tape drive that
>> is known to work with Bacula.
>
> It's clear from the responses I got that I left out an important detail,

Details help.

Get one like this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8044202&csid=_61
(disclaimer: I'm not familiar with this particular make & model), use
vchanger to set it up as "fake tape magazine", when disk fills in stick
another one in.

(I'm getting quite a few media failures on wd "green" drives, so you
might want to have 2 and rsync 'em at the end of the job. That's what I
do here at work.)

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin