Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Simplified pools

2010-04-06 17:26:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Simplified pools
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:26:15 -0700
> > I would NOT recommend the AddLevelSuffix directive - that is too
> > inflexible, as well as unnecessary. You can simply include ${Level}
> > in your LabelFormat directive. Note that if you include a variable in
> > the label format, Bacula will no longer automatically append the
> > volume ID.
> >
> > LabelFormat="System${Level}-${NumVols}"
>
> I thought variable-expansion in label formats were well and truly
> deprecated in favour of the Python scripting support?

Officially, yes, I've been reading that it was deprecated, but it still works
in 3.0.3. And I hope it will continue to work. I'd HATE to have to learn Python
just to replace this simple little line. That would be painful (not that I mind
learning Python, but even as it is bacula requires more of my time and
attention than it should).