Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Storage Daemon Maximum Concurrent Jobs

2010-04-06 04:06:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Storage Daemon Maximum Concurrent Jobs
From: "Beck J Mr" <james.beck AT shunsley.eril DOT net>
To: "bacula-users" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:03:02 +0100
Hi,

I have 25 full jobs that run over the weekend, but I want to only allow
10 to run at any one time.

Initially I gave the jobs priorities, but this didn't work as some jobs
take almost the entire weekend to finish to the lower priority jobs were
not starting until Monday morning. So what I have done is configured
schedule definitions with slight delays and set the Maximum Concurrent
Jobs in the SD Storage object to 10.

As I understood it, the SD would make the 11th job wait until one of the
first 10 finish before it would start. However, when the jobs come to
start, all 25 start and run straight away.

Each client has its own Device with a Max jobs of 5.

Have I misunderstood what the Storage Max Concurrent Jobs does, or do I
have a bug or some other possible mis-configuration?

Thanks,

James