Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Why do people use tapes?

2008-06-13 13:54:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Why do people use tapes?
From: "John Drescher" <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Ryan Novosielski" <novosirj AT umdnj DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:54:14 -0400
> I work in a place like this. Any wonder the hospital system was going
> bankrupt? ;)

I would say exclusive bad deals like this did not help. But the real
reason was poor management (overspending, shady deals, corruption ...)
and the university associated with the hospital was also draining the
system. Shortly after the bankruptcy was filed we returned to UPMC and
the University of Pittsburgh and all has been well for the nearly 10
years since. The hospital we left has recovered and is doing well even
though UPMC is pretty much a monopoly in town owning 3/4 of all the
hospitals.
John