BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client

2017-01-16 20:37:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client
From: "TE Dukes" <tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 20:36:19 -0500

Here's the [phpbrew] module:

[phpbrew]
    path = /cygdrive/c/Temp/phpbrew
    comment = Test
    strict modes = false
    # Limit this share to just these users (needs to match
$Conf{RsyncdUserName}
    # and the c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets files)
    auth users = backuppc
    # Password to match $Conf(RsyncdPasswd)
    secrets file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets
    # List the IP address(es) of your BackupPC server(s), so only
connections from these hosts will be allowed.
    hosts allow = *
    # Allows restores to write to this share
    read only = false
    list = false
    uid = 0
    gid = 0

Also, I was looking at the config.pl in the rsync/rsyncd section and saw
this:

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host $rsyncPath $argList+';

Looks like its using ssh and root as the user, which brings up another
question, who should the 'user' be?. I've been using backuppc as the user.

Do I need ssh on a local network?

Thanks