BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client

2017-01-15 12:44:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client
From: "TE Dukes" <tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 12:24:12 -0500
Hello,

Been working on this for a couple days but just can't seem to get it
working.

I'm trying to backup a Win10 client to a centos 6.8 server running backuppc.
I initially tried setting it up using smb but after days of that, thought
I'd try the cgywin-rsyncd package/route.

This is just a test run to backup one directory, 'phpbrew'.

'backuppc' has admin privileges and also a member of the Backup Operations
Group.

Here's the error on my last attempt:

 full backup started for directory phpbrew
Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l backuppc edukes1 /usr/bin/rsync --server
--sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links
--times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . phpbrew/
Xfer PIDs are now 11921
Read EOF: Connection reset by peer
Tried again: got 0 bytes
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Backup aborted (Unable to read 4 bytes)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior
one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Here's my rsycnd.conf (condensed):

use chroot = false

max connections = 2

log file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.log

#pid file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.pid

lock file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.lock

#[cDrive]
#    path = /cygdrive/c/
#    comment = Entire C Drive
#    strict modes = false
#    # Limit this share to just these users (needs to match
$Conf{RsyncdUserName}
#    # and the c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets files)
#    auth users = backuppc
#    # Password to match $Conf(RsyncdPasswd)
#    secrets file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets
#    # List the IP address(es) of your BackupPC server(s), so only
connections from these hosts will be allowed.
#    hosts allow = 192.1.1.110
#    # Allows restores to write to this share
#    read only = false
#    list = false

[phpbrew]
    path = /cygdrive/c/Temp/phpbrew                 <<------------ Not sure
this is right
    comment = Test
    strict modes = false
    # Limit this share to just these users (needs to match
$Conf{RsyncdUserName}
    # and the c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets files)
    auth users = backuppc
    # Password to match $Conf(RsyncdPasswd)
    secrets file = c:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets
    # List the IP address(es) of your BackupPC server(s), so only
connections from these hosts will be allowed.
    hosts allow = 192.1.1.110
    # Allows restores to write to this share
    read only = false
    list = false

/etc/BackupPC/edukes1.pl:

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'backuppc';
$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = xxxxxxxxx';
$Conf{SmbShareName} = 'phpbrew';

One question I have, is do I need to have a copy of the ssh key on the Win10
client? If so, where should it be placed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA