BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client

2017-01-17 19:22:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Help with configuration for Win 10 client
From: "TE Dukes" <tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 19:20:29 -0500

From: Kenneth Porter [mailto:shiva AT sewingwitch DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 1:18 PM
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net

On 1/17/2017 4:22 AM, tdukes AT palmettoshopper DOT com wrote:

Don't remember getting the setgid error before.

Also, when I try "rsync edukes1::phpbrew", I receive:

root AT ts130.xxxxxxxxxxx DOT com:/root> rsync edukes1::phpbrew
Password:
@ERROR: auth failed on module phpbrew
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1503) [receiver=3.0.6]

I used the password for backuppc and also tried the root password.

I'm not using passwords. At this point you're past my knowledge so you'll need to study the rsync documentation to see how to do the authentication. Get command line rsync working and you should then be able to plug the values into BackupPC.

Avast logo

I appreciate everything.

I think I don’t have rysnc setup on my server. L

Working on that now. I mirrored a site years and years ago but don’t remember ever having to set anything up for that, except the script to pull the information.

I hate I wasted your time.

Thanks again!!