BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow

2016-01-21 06:17:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 22:16:27 +1100
On 21/01/2016 21:58, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> websitemanagers.com DOT au>:
>> Silly question but have you named the host full or the share full?
>> A lot of your logs that you posted seemed to have full as one of those
>> names. It could be confusing bpc and it's unlikely that anyone has
>> tested that scenario.
> Share is named "full" as point to the whole server.
> So, "Backup full" means that is backiung up the share "full" ? That makes
> sense.

OK, I'd suggest to try changing this to something else. Usually I would
backup / which obviously means the whole server (ie, root folder and
everything under it). Though I also tend to specify to only backup the
single filesystem to avoid backups of /proc or /sys and so on. So if you
have multiple mount points, then you need to specify each one as a "share".

Are you using rsyncd as opposed to rsync? That is really the only method
I can think of to have the "share name" not equal to a actual directory
or path....

Regards,
Adam