BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow

2016-01-21 17:47:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:46:32 +1100
On 22/01/16 09:20, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
> websitemanagers.com DOT au>:
>> Can you run dmesg, and see if you have any lines like this:
>> [11613050.504117] rsync_bpc[7279]: segfault at 7f9ee5c7e428 ip
>> 00000000004473af sp 00007ffc3d7bdf80 error 4 in rsync_bpc[400000+75000]
>>
>> There seems to be some bug in rsync_bpc, I was working on tracking that
>> down last week, but my C programming is rather limited, so I'm stuck.
>> Hoping someone else on the bpc-dev list might be able to assist.
>> Otherwise, I might try one of the online programming forums to see if I
>> can get some assistance there.
> I don't have any lines like yours.
Then you have some other error causing problems. Check various things
such as permissions, disk space, errors on the client, etc. Something is
causing rsync to fail, and you will need to fix that to get successful
backups. Check both system logs as well as rsync logs on both server and
client.

Regards,
Adam

--