BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow

2016-01-21 11:15:02
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta <gandalf.corvotempesta AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:13:38 +0100
> V4 does it backwards from v3.   The last backup is always filled and
> the older ones are changed to reverse deltas.  It must move/copy
> things around to arrange that.   And the full and incremental runs
> aren't tied to keeping filled/unfilled backups anymore.  But, I still
> don't see why any expired already.

Another this to know is why BPC is fsck every backups every time.
After each backup, it will run fsck. It should run just for the last
executed backup, as previously ones was alreday checked.

But is running fsck every time for each backup that I have, taking
many many hours. Like now:
srv1 is fsck #1, then #2, then #4. after all, it will run a new backup
and start again the fsck