BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow

2016-01-21 04:24:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BPC 4 very slow
From: Gandalf Corvotempesta <gandalf.corvotempesta AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:23:03 +0100
<gandalf.corvotempesta AT gmail DOT com>:
>  Now, another full is running for srv2.

This is what I see from control panel during copying #5 => #4 (right now)

If I understood properly, only last backup should be filled. This
seems ok in my environment,
as all except #5 are not filled (filled=0). #5 is filled (filled=1)

But #1 and #3 should not be incremental, there is no full to use as
starting point for their, or, better,
there was a full in #0, but #0 is disappeared like #2

Look at duration time. #1, incremental, took more than #4, full. I
think #1 was an incremental without a full as starting point, thus has
transfered everything. (an incremental starting from an empty set, is
like a full)
#3 is really an incremental, as it took only 210 minutes (very good),
but why #4 is another full? And why now is copying #5 to #4 ?

The same is for another server (actually in idle). Last backup
(yesterday) was a full. Next backup should be an incremental but I
think it will start another full.