BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool

2011-05-11 16:57:58
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:56:24 -0500
On 5/11/2011 1:44 PM, Timothy J Massey wrote:

> That would have been my strong suggestion: do a dd of the JFS partition
> and resize when done. (Does parted understand JFS? Use that if it does:
> it'll be even faster.)

Partclone claims to handle jfs: http://partclone.org/feature.php and for
the filesystems it understands it should only have to copy the used
blocks.  I've never used it directly and don't use jfs myself, but I've
copied a lot of disks with clonezilla which uses partclone to do the
work on linux systems.