BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool

2011-05-11 18:13:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 18:07:36 -0400

http://partclone.org/feature.php and for
> the filesystems it understands it should only have to copy the used
> blocks.  I've never used it directly and don't use jfs myself, but I've
> copied a lot of disks with clonezilla which uses partclone to do the
> work on linux systems.

+1

I too use Clonezilla for the same purpose.  I mis-remembered the command that Clonezilla uses.

If your filesystem is noticeably empty, partclone makes a noticeable difference.

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com