BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool

2011-05-11 11:56:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving the Pool
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:54:17 -0400
Michael Stowe wrote at about 10:45:01 -0500 on Wednesday, May 11, 2011:

 > Thought I'd mention that I'm in the process of moving my 1TB backup pool
 > from one jfs array to another on the same system.  Both arrays are RAID-5
 > via mdadm.
 >
 > I'm using "rsync -avP -H src dest," which I started Friday, nearly five
 > days ago.

How many files in the pool and the pc tree?

 > The data in cpool moved relatively quickly.  On the other hand, rsync has
 > been re-establishing hard links to the pc directories for quite a while,
 > and has quite a ways to go.  On the plus side, it's showing no signs of
 > stopping or running out of resources, so it looks like it will do the job
 > ... eventually.

Well if that doesn't work or if you get tired of waiting, you can try
my script BackupPC_copyPCpool.pl
(actually it would be great to get more people benchmarking it to see
how fast it is relative to straight rsync -- I would expect it to take
less than 5 days :P)