BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Bare metal restore

2010-05-10 09:30:49
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Bare metal restore
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>,<flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:28:37 -0400
Flavio,
What I do is use BackupPC for my quick resotres and use a product called
BackupEdge  (www.microlite.com) for my bare metal restores. The cost is
well worth the less aggravation when things fail. I can replace a
totally trashed system in under two hours. Now this system is small (Our
drives are only 32 gb) so the restoration from the tape is the long pole
in the tent.
I like BackupPC because of the web interface.

So with that you would restore with BackupEdge and then go into your
BackuPC repository to see what is outdated. Much quicker in my setup.
Your pay back may be different.

John Boris
Archdiocese of Philadelphia

>>> "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch> 05/10/10 8:02 AM >>>
Hello list...

I was wondering if I may be doing some sort of "bare metal restore" of a
Linux server, if I'd be backing it up *completely* on my backuppc
server.

What do you think?
How may I eventually achieve this sort of "imaging" from my other
server?

Thanks,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL