BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-18 09:15:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: Randy Orrison <randy.orrison AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:13:53 +0000
On 12/03/2010 08:32, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

I've just read at this thread.  I can't help you with the samba mounting
problems, but if you want to re-try with rsync, you can get a bundled
cygwin and rsync server installer called cwRsync from ITeF!x:
http://www.itefix.no/i2/node/10650

It's what I'm using on a couple dozen Windows XP/2003/2008 machines for
backing up to a Debian box running BackupPC.  Works great.  The only
thing I recall having to change from the standard install is that it
creates a local user for running the rsync service and that user needs
to be added to the Backup Operators group to access the files I'm
backing up.  (Caveat: I haven't tried it with domain authentication, I'm
just running a large workgroup.)

Randy