BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-26 07:09:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:07:11 +0100

An unexpected turn of events! I googled for a different ssh-server for Windows
that does not rely on Cygwin, and came up with something called MobaSSH.
MobaSSH does however rely on Cygwin anyway, but seems to be working properly
in my environment. In any case, I installed the Professional-demo, able to
install and run on a Win2k3 Server-machine (the free Home version only works
on non-Windows Server-machines). The service seems to be running properly so
far.

* The rsync test works, I get a file list. See attached txt-file for output.

* The passwordless login from my BPC-server also works. See attached txt-file
for output.

* Added the Win-server to BPC as a host using rsync, but I get the dreaded
"Unable to read 4 bytes" error message. See attached txt-file for output.

I thought the "Unable to read 4 bytes"-message was because the the
passwordless login wasn't setup properly, or not set up at all. What else
could it choke on and give this message?

Any answers are appreciated!
--
/Sorin