BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-12 03:33:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:32:00 +0100

Yeah there is; I couldn't get the rsyncd-package for cygwin to work out. I get
an "inet connect: Connection refused"-error when I try running the backup.

Unfortunately I know too little about the authentication mechanism in Cygwin.
I'll look into it during the day.

Anyway, that's why I tried out other ways to connect to the Windows machine.
You know, the rule of least resistance... ;-)

Thanks for all the hints so far. I'll be back with an update later.
--
/Sorin