BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-25 11:06:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:03:49 -0500
On 3/25/2010 8:36 AM, Sorin Srbu wrote:
> [...]

Are you confusing rsync and rsyncd?  With rsync, you start the remote
rsync via ssh and it sees the whole remote filesystem from the
perspective of a remote user.  You can test access from the backuppc
server with a command line like 'rsync -av user@host:/path'  If you
don't specify a destination, you should see a directory listing (and
current versions have an implied -essh argument). With rsyncd, the
program is run as a daemon/service and only the paths explicitly
mentioned in rsyncd.conf are exposed by their module names.  You can
test this with a command like 'rsync -av host::module'  (note double colon).