BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-16 17:12:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: Chris Bennett <chris AT ceegeebee DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:39:50 +1030
> Is your smb.conf set up to match?  I'm not sure if mounting via cifs reads
> it,
> but for smbclient you need to have at least the domain and password server
> set
> in there, and maybe security=server.  If this is really Active Directory, it
> needs to have the domain compatibility mode set or you may need some other
> settings - and to join the domain.

There is no need to change smb.conf, and no need to join the domain.
And kerberos is not used without the option security=krb5.

Ad-hoc cifs mounts to Windows domain connected systems (either DC's or
file servers that are part of the domain) have worked many times for
me.

We just need to work out why Sorin is getting access denied.  I'm
going to reply to thread above.