BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host

2010-03-16 03:48:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Trouble setting up backup to a Windows host
From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu AT orgfarm.uu DOT se>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:46:34 +0100

Yes I do. A regular plain vanilla Win2k3-domain.

Does this BPC-solution by any chance require that passwords are sent in
clear text? I'm grasping for straws...

>Silly question, but is there a Windows firewall involved here?

Nope, no firewalls involved on the Windows side. Iptables on the linux side
is setup to accept all traffic (in and out) on this particular subnet. I've
actually tried to run this thing with iptables off as well, with the same
result.
--
/Sorin